Medical Gases for Service Managers
Study Day - Tuesday 19 March 2013
This one day Study Day is intended for senior managers who are involved in or are responsible for the supply, provision and quality of medical gases in their hospitals.
Medical Gases are an essential part of modern medical therapy and treatment, but where do they come from, and how do they get to the patient? This is a subject and a task that tends to be taken somewhat for granted in most hospitals, but medical gases are medicines and as such are one of the responsibilities of chief pharmacists, matrons or senior managers in hospitals where pharmacists are not present.
The 2013 programme, course brochure and booking information can dow be seen in the right-hand column, titled "In this section".
What our previous delegates say
"A much needed course which I will be recommending to fellow chief pharmacists".
"Excellent course, knowledge gap significantly improved. Very practical. Feel I could be more challenging in the workplace setting now".
"Excellent value for money course covering all key aspects and supported by practical sessions."
"Very good clear, detailed information, interesting and relevant to past and future issues regarding all aspects of medical gas systems management"
Topics presented will include
- The general provision of Medical Gases
- The legal position, roles and duties of personnel involved in the provision of Medical Gases
- A description of services and some potential problems and hazards
- A guided walk-through of the medical gas pipeline systems and cylinder management
- Richard Goodman, Director of Pharmacy, Royal Brompton NHS Trust
- Brian Midcalf, Consultant (Medical Gases)
- Richard Maycock, Medical Engineering Training Manager, BOC Medical
- Paul Jones, Medical Gas Testing Service
- Tim Sizer, Regional Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Officer - NHS South West
- Zvezdan Zurapovic, University College London Hospitals
In 2013 the course will be held entirely at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London. The hospital is close to Russell Square tube station and easily accessible by other forms of public transport.
Course Fees - 2013
The following course fee includes the cost of tuition, course notes, lunches and light refreshments;
2013 course fee - £295
how to book
Delegates can book their place via our secure online store or by completing a manual registration form. Please follow the guidance below on how to complete your booking:
1. Download a registration form from the 'In this section' in the right hand column
1. Click the Online booking link from the 'In this section' in the right hand column 2. Select Conferences and Events in the left-hand navigation bar.
3. Select Healthcare > Pharmaceutical CPD Courses
4. Select the course or event for which you wish to register and click on “Book”.
5. If you are a new user, please follow the instructions to register. If you already have an account log in as instructed.
6. Complete the application process as directed by the booking system.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking.
For further details or to register on this course please contact:
CPD, Conference & Events Coordinator,
CPD, Conference & Events Unit,
Engineering Research & Innovation Service,
Faculty of Engineering, c/o School of Civil Engineering, Room 209,
University of Leeds, LEEDS, LS2 9JT.
Telephone: + 44 (0)113 343 8104 Fax.: + 44 (0)113 343 2511